About Ozone Therapy
Ozone therapy is one of the most effective treatments all over the world. Its medical properties have been studied since the mid-nineteenth century and gave scientists precious knowledge about O3 mechanisms. 21 century medical clinics utilize this tool to win aging processes, increase cells productivity, kill diseases.
Ozone medical treatment has many health benefits for the human body including anti-inflammatory properties, antiseptic and disinfectant properties, boosting up the immune system, the circulatory system, etc.
Why is Ozone Therapy Used?
Some of the medical conditions that can be treated with Ozone injections include:
- Cancer, HIV, Hepatitis C
- Acute and chronic liver disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn’s disease
- Gastritis & ulcers
- Migraine, circulatory and cluster headaches
- Parkinson’s, Alzheimer disease
- Ischemic heart disease, Hypertension
- Multiple sclerosis
- Diabetic foot and ulcer
- Venous insufficiency
- Varicose veins and spider veins
- Chronic pelvic inflammation
- Menopausal syndrome
- Acne, Dermatitis and Psoriasis
Ozone therapy can be used to treat a number of Pain Management conditions such as:
- Herniated discs
- Back pain
- Shoulder pain
- Hip pain
- Tennis elbow
The list of medical conditions that can be treated with the help of this kind of therapy is long and there is almost no body part or organ that does not benefit from medical Ozone therapy.
If you’re tired of suffering from arthritis or back pain, get the treatment you need to get back to your normal routines. When you search for the “ozone therapy near me” you will see that our team not only has the most qualified IV ozone therapy specialists but also employ cutting-edge technologies that offer effective pain relief. If you are in Brooklyn come visit Ozone therapy near you for the pain relief you need.
Principles of Work
Ozon acts on the body cells level that helps it to eliminate 99% of bacteria, yeasts, viruses, cancer cells and mold in 10 minutes. Ozon procedure oxidizes the phospholipids, lipoproteins and cytochrome C, suppresses cell growth, breaks viral capsid, increases glycolysis rate and much more. This antibacterial special agent saved lives of cancer, Lyme, multiple sclerosis and hepatitis-C patients due to its immediate impact.
Oxygen ozone therapy involves the introduction of ozone into a person’s system. Ozone can be targeted to address a specific purpose of objective. Ozone has been utilized as a therapy with different objectives for about a century, according to the U.S. National Institutes of Health.
During World War I, ozone was utilized as widely used on the war zone to treat infections. In today’s world, intravenous ozone treatment is being more widely utilized, with a solid track record of supportive research.
A person can make dietary changes to increase the level of oxygen in his or her system. However, making alterations to a diet is a challenge. Successful change can be spotty and take time. Once changes in a diet regimen occur, additional time is required before systemic benefits are realized.
With ozone procedure in our Brooklyn office, the results are prompt. Once ozone enters the body during a treatment, it nearly immediately begins to convert itself into hydrogen peroxide and lipid peroxides. These substances enhance the antioxidant system of a person’s body, resulting in an elimination of diseased cells and various disease-causing pathogens.
In addition, ozone medical treatment therapy enriches the oxygen level in the blood. This has a positive impact on the some 70 trillion cells in the human body. In the aftermath, a person typically reports feeling revitalized.
Ozone treatment is not a panacea and can’t be used without any additions. A combined individual program is a must and only medical professionals can manage such actions. How does it work? A certain amount of blood is taken from the patient and put in an infusion bottle. Then, ozone is injected into the bottle and mixed. This is how the person’s blood changes into bright red. Afterwards the cured blood is given back to the patient. This therapy is acknowledged as the safest medical treatment, therefore, ozone therapy side effects are limited.
Various Ways and Types of Ozone Therapy
Which one is the best for you and from which one you can have the most benefits depends from various factors like the route of the administration, the dose of the ozone used, the protocol of treatment, the knowledge of the person who is performing the Ozone therapy treatment, etc.
Some of the ways how Ozone medical treatment can be performed include:
- Local or external therapy - consists in isolating the area that is going to be treated with a plastic bag as ozone will be inserted through an adapter for connection to the ozone machine. The entire treatment lasts about 20 to 30 minutes. Once the procedure is finished, the remaining ozone should be removed first, before the bag is taken away.
- Intradermal injection - consists in injecting up to 50 cc intradermally with a mesotherapeutic needle.
- Intramuscular injection - consists in injecting about 10 to 20 cc of ozone slowly into the muscle with the help of an intramuscular needle.
- Peri articular injection - consist in injecting ozone with the help of a syringe intradermally in the peri-articular area for the treatment of various conditions that affect articulations all over the body. Ozone should be distributed in small volumes around the articulation.
- Intra articular injection - consists in injecting about 5 to 20 cc of ozone into the joint capsule.
- Intradiscal injection - consists in using a special needle in order to penetrate the intervertebral discs and to inject the ozone in the intradiscal area. This procedure is performed in the operating room, using a brightness amplifier as well. It required certain training of course.
- Rectal insufflation - consists in inserting ozone in the rectum about 15 cm deep and insufflating it slowly about 50 to 300 cc.
- Vaginal insufflation - consists in inserting ozone in the vagina and insufflating slowly about 30 to 50 cc.
- Minor autohemotherapy - consists of drawing of about 10 cc of the patient’s blood which is then treated with about 10 cc of ozone. This blood is then injected intramuscularly in the buttocks.
- Major autohemotherapy - consists of drawing blood from the patient, which is then infused with medical ozone and then re-transfused back immediately. Handling of about 100 to 150 cc of blood is necessary and the entire procedure takes no longer than 10 to 15 minutes. This type of Ozone procedure is used when one wants to have systemic effects and to treat multiple diseases at the same time.
More or one ozone treatments can be used based on the diagnosis and patient’s situation. The number and the frequency of the treatment also depend and is individual. It usually takes between 5 to 15 sessions of treatment with medical ozone, except when ozone is injected intra discally, which is a one-time treatment. In some cases, even for intradiscal injection a repetition is required.
Is Ozone Therapy Effective?
Armed with an essential understanding of ozone therapy treatment, the next question is likely to be “is ozone therapy effective?” In a word, yes. Treatment is demonstrated effectively in a number of different ways.
Intravenous Ozone therapy is said to be effective at stimulating the production of white blood cells in a person’s body. White blood cells are crucial in warding off infections and keeping a person’s health. In addition, this type of therapy is said to be effective at eliminating viruses from a person’s system.
Therapy with ozone ups the production of interferon and tumor necrosis factor. This increase aids the body to fight off certain types of cancers as well as infections. Ozone is said to be helpful in ridding the body of excess free radicals.
Therapy with ozone speeds up the citric acid cycle. This helps liberate sugars more efficiently. It also increased the breakdown of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Finally, ozone increases the oxygen level in tissues.
A Natural Course of Treatment
A positive aspect of ozone procedure is that it is completely natural. It does not introduce any foreign or synthetic substances into a person’s body. Rather, it relies on what already is present in an individual’s body, enhancing what already exists.
As a natural approach to better health, this type of therapeutic treatment will not interfere with necessary medications, as a general rule. With that noted, a disclosure of any medications needs to be made before the commencement of an ozone treatment.
Is Ozone therapy suitable for everyone?
Even though medical Ozone treatment is considered safe and beneficial for the treatment of a wide range of medical conditions, it should be used with precaution in patients who have:
- Severe cardiovascular instability
- Hemorrhagic episodes, etc.
Ozone therapy treatment is contraindicated for those who have a significant deficit of glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is oxygen ozone therapy?
It is a procedure aimed to administer ozone gas into a person’s body for the purpose of treating a wound or disease. Ozone is a colorless gas, which is made up of three atoms of oxygen. It is commonly utilized to treat medical conditions by means of stimulating the immune system. In some cases, it is also used to disinfect because it is a strong oxidant and kills viruses. In hospital settings, ozone gas treatment is produced from medical-grade oxygen sources.
How much does medical ozone therapy cost?
It is almost impossible to give a definite answer to this question because these treatments are personalized according to your medical condition and the duration of the treatment. Usually, insurance companies do not cover the cost of ozone treatment.
How does ozone procedure work?
Ozone treatment works by disrupting unhealthy processes in a patient’s body. It can assist in preventing the growth of bacteria that are considered harmful to a person’s body. Medical ozone is also used to disinfect medical supplies and treat a number of medical conditions. For instance, if you have an infection in your body, ozone therapy may stop it from spreading.
How to prepare for ozone treatment?
Your best bet would be to talk to your healthcare provider in order to get specific instructions on how to prepare for this type of therapy. However, if you will be receiving ozone treatment, you should prepare for a blood draw. Thus, you will need to get a good quality sleep the night before and eat a healthy breakfast that day. Another important recommendation is to drink a lot of water.
How often should ozone medical treatment be performed?
In case any discomfort occurs, a doctor will lower the ozone concentration and the length of treatment. This procedure should not be performed more than once a day and is generally done between two to three times per week.
If you feel you may be a good candidate for Ozone therapy contact us right away for a consultation with the leading Ozone specialist Dr. Yuabova. It is also important to check insurance information. Some insurance companies do not cover this new technology, but it is considered on a case-by-case basis.